- New generation Premium Kawai Hammer Action keybed
- Advanced Layering (2 Pianos + 2 Sample Synths)
- Individual Split settings per Layer with optional crossfades
- Support for Nord Piano Monitor
- Nord Triple Pedal 2 (included)
- 2 independent Sample Synth Layers
- Expanded memory for Nord Sample Library
- Soft and Bright options
- Unison for rich, ensemble-like sounds
- Tru-Vibrato with real time control
- Round robin for natural sounding repetitions
- Mono and Legato modes with Glide
- Attack, Decay/Release and Dynamic controls
- 2 independent Piano Layers
- 120 Voice Polyphony
- Soft, Mid, Bright and Dyno filters
- Dynamic Compression
- 3 Keyboard Touch options
- Advanced String Resonance
- Soft Release
- Dedicated Effect section per Layer
- Modulation Effects with Rate and Amount
- Global Reverb with Send per Layer, Pre-Delay, Chorale and Bright/Dark mode
- New Spring, Booth and Cathedral Reverb
- New Spin Effect
- New Delay with Filter, Flam and Ping Pong
- Amp with Tone variations
THE GRAND EXPERIENCE
The Nord Grand 2 features a new and improved Kawai responsive hammer keybed with triple sensors for accurate tracking of hammer movement.
Maintaining the ease of use of the original Nord Grand while adding dual layers of Piano and Synth, the Nord Grand 2 offers greater flexibility for performance and sound creation.
The well balanced and responsive triple sensor keybed features an advanced hammer mechanism providing extraordinary control through the entire dynamic range.
The Nord Grand features dedicated LED faders for each layer, as well as knobs and buttons for all essential functions required in a live performance. Performing tasks such as Creating Layers and Splits, adding effects or transposing the instrument can be performed instantly.
The dual Piano and Synth engines can be combined in a layer or split across the keyboard. Each layer has a dedicated effects section.
The Nord Grand 2 has 7 Split Points indicated with LED lights and the Split Point Crossfades offer smooth transitions between two split zones. Choose from 3 different crossfade widths (Small, Large or Off] as indicated by different LED colors.
The Nord Grand 2 comes with an extensive collection of Grands, Uprights and Electric Pianos from our exclusive Nord Piano Library combined with new features such as Dynamic Compression and Unison.
Our state-of-the-art sampling technique captures the extraordinary nuances and real character of the source instruments. Our unique ‘Advanced String Resonance’ and Dynamic Pedal Noise features deliver stunning realism and an unsurpassed level of expressiveness
SAMPLE SYNTH SECTION
Two independent Sample Synths with greatly expanded memory and a large variety of new and updated sounds ranging from wind, brass, strings, basses and guitars to classic analog leads and basses. Also included is a selection of samples from the Symphobia and Swing libraries by ProjectSAM.
The Sample Synth section provides two fully-featured and independent Layers and is equipped with intuitive controls for attack, decay/release and dynamic velocity response. The Soft and Bright settings provide a quick way of shaping the tone of the sound.
The Grand 2 Sample synth engine offers several new features. Unison creatively blends several sample voices for rich, ensemble-like sounds, “Tru-Vibrato” accurately models the unique vibrato characteristics of a wide variety of wind, brass and string instruments and round robin allows natural sounding fast repetitions. Vibrato is controlled by button, pedal, or the preset delay setting. The Sample Synth section also features Mono and Legato modes with adjustable Glide rate.
The Nord Grand 2 has a powerful new Effect section per Layer. The extensive range of Effects includes brand new types of Reverb, Delay, Amps and Modulation effects.